Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribenababy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi All,

Been really busy with work so not had time to visit here recently.

I saw the diabetic nurse for the first time today for a "chat" about what to expect. Sounded so ominous but was actually very reassured by what he had to say.

I am being sent to the Hospital diabetic clinic for further education. I am being referred for some special eye test, again at the hospital.
He checked my feet, weight and BP and gave me my first HbA1c result which was 7. My next blood test is in mid-December when I will have been on the Metformin for 3 months. I have lost 10lbs so far.

It sounds like everything is working for you. I hope this nice positive feel continues.

Hi Ribena nice to see you posting well done on the weight loss and the hbA 7 is good.hope all the eye tests go ok and you have good care at your diabetic clinic, good luck for december please keep us updated x

Last edited:
Thank you, we are off on a cruise in 3 weeks so I hope I wont undo all my hard work to lose the 10lbs! However I do find that Metformin acts a little like an appetite suppresant. This makes it really hard to fit in lunch some days but the diabetic nurse was adamant that three meals a day is the best way - guess I will have to have to try and eat breakfast a bit earlier.

Thank you, we are off on a cruise in 3 weeks so I hope I wont undo all my hard work to lose the 10lbs! However I do find that Metformin acts a little like an appetite suppresant. This makes it really hard to fit in lunch some days but the diabetic nurse was adamant that three meals a day is the best way - guess I will have to have to try and eat breakfast a bit earlier.

Yeah just tweak around abit hun and see what fits so to speak, have a great trip x

Nice to hear from you and great to hear that you are being well looked after 🙂 And big congratulations on the weight loss! You will just have to try and eat more of the healthier options on the cruise than you might have in the past, but don't let it spoil your holiday and have some indulgencies too. The metformin will probably have settled by the time you go so hopefully will cause less of a problem 🙂

My parents work on cruise ships a couple of times a year - and say they have to be careful not to eat too much. In fact, even limiting to three meals a day (not four or five) requires strength of mind! Some ships have good swimming pools, gyms, activity classes, opportunities to walk / bike ashore etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back