Update

rosy_nic

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi everyone, I thought I would give you guys an update since I posted this thread back in January -> https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/understanding-libre-email.110203/

I have been trailing wearing the Libre 2 sensor and using the reader instead of using my mobile phone with some success and some issues in the differences between the readings on my Accu-Check meter.

Also, I have been having issues at my place of employment with not being able to use the reader when I'm working and having to clock out and clock back on, which was also the case for using my present meter. This means I'm losing out on pay which is not great as I'm on minimum wage and only do part-time hours, so any advice on this would be great before I put on the next sensor which I'm due to start using soon.

Type 1 diabetes is covered by disability discrimination legislation @rosy_nic and employers are obliged to make reasonable adjustments. These would be things such as checking blood sugar, treating a hypo, etc.

What job do you do? I’ve done various jobs and have never had time docked for diabetic tasks.

Back