Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfpipMarathon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have received an email from Dexcom apologising for sending me wrong sensor. My Dexcom One sensor is coming tomorrow but don't know 1hr time slot yet. Hopefully my daughter will be in. If not they will or should leave it with neighbour ( no safe space to leave it). They are sending a "kit" to return the G6 sensor . Not sure what they mean as I have not opened the box containing the sensor just the box it was delivered in. Anyway I am getting a new Dexcom One sensor tomorrow.

Dexcom One sensor has been delivered.. However they have sent the following (see attached screenshot) but as I have not even opened the box containing the sensor not sure why I need this? I have emailed them to ask them what to do with screenshots of the box and one end of the box to show I have not opened it.

Surely they don't want me to disassemble a perfect sensor that is still in the box. Thinking it would be cheaper to buy it then give it to my friend whose granddaughter uses Dexcom G6.

Attachments

• DSC_0158.JPG
    DSC_0158.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 16
I wouldn’t think they can resell the sensor since it’s already been sent to you, so they wouldn’t need the packaging back just return of the sensor itself is their standard process.

I wouldn’t think they can resell the sensor since it’s already been sent to you, so they wouldn’t need the packaging back just return of the sensor itself is their standard process.
That doesn't make sense. The sensor has not been touched so disassembling an unused untouched sensor is so wasteful. Yes if the sensor has been used or failed. I'm going to call and ask to buy it as I think it is wasteful so someone I know can have it.

That doesn't make sense. The sensor has not been touched so disassembling an unused untouched sensor is so wasteful. Yes if the sensor has been used or failed. I'm going to call and ask to buy it as I think it is wasteful so someone I know can have it.
Yours is not to reason why 🙂

I had a 3 month supply of sensors sent to me in error once, I owned up to the mistake and they said if I returned them they would have to bin them, so told to keep them and use them which I did.
Whether it makes sense or not just do as they ask and stop worrying about it 🙂

Yours is not to reason why 🙂

I had a 3 month supply of sensors sent to me in error once, I owned up to the mistake and they said if I returned them they would have to bin them, so told to keep them and use them which I did.
Whether it makes sense or not just do as they ask and stop worrying about it 🙂
If they bin them then why not tell me to keep it.

Looks like there has been some confusion.
When a Libre fails, Abbott often asks for it to be returned for them to analyse and will send similar packaging.

If they bin them then why not tell me to keep it.

Looks like there has been some confusion.
When a Libre fails, Abbott often asks for it to be returned for them to analyse and will send similar packaging.
Yes I think they assumed it had failed but I hadn't even taken the sensor out of the box. Opened the box it was delivered in and saw it was the wrong one. The boxed sensor in the bag they sent won't fit in the box provided so have asked them if I can send it in the original box I have a returns address label. Just waiting for a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back