Update on testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Some may remember a while ago my fingers where so sore off testing i was going to test by pricking my toes well it lasted about 2 days until i got all screamish and relented, i have slowly but surely re-introduced my fingers again but for abit i used my upper arm it became very bruised alot more so then my thigh ever did does anyone know why the upper arm bruises so quickly? or is it just me

At a guess (and I could be wrong) I'd say because of the closeness of the heart and the way the circulation works. If you are using your left arm, your heart is beneath your breast bone and tilts/leans slightly to the left.

At a guess (and I could be wrong) I'd say because of the closeness of the heart and the way the circulation works. If you are using your left arm, your heart is beneath your breast bone and tilts/leans slightly to the left.

Yeah i was using my left arm.ty Caroline

I have given myself a couple of injections in my upper arm and ended up with huge bruises.

I was trying to give my legs a break, as I am not keen on injecting into my expanding stomach (although I know realistically the baby is nowhere near the needle) and on 6 injections a day my legs are starting to feel it.

Rachel, I reckon (personally) the belly is the best place to inject in pregnancy only coz the insulin does its job better and works quicker. . . I found it more useful in the 3rd trimester though 🙄

Steff do they not sometimes tell you to use the padding under your thumb on your hand to test your blood sugar? Have you tried that or even the back of your heel coz im flinching just thinking bout doin it on my leg or arm lol 😱

Last edited:
Rachel, I reckon (personally) the belly is the best place to inject in pregnancy only coz the insulin does its job better and works quicker. . . I found it more useful in the 3rd trimester though 🙄

Steff do they not sometimes tell you to use the padding under your thumb on your hand to test your blood sugar? Have you tried that or even the back of your heel coz im flinching just thinking bout doin it on my leg or arm lol 😱

hi Lou yeah i dont want to do my hand though lol im scared, thats where they usually get blood out of me when i get bloods done at docs and they dont half make my eyes water 🙄

I have often used ear lobes (during private moments) and found the inside of my knees to be good alternative sites for testing. This area is quite hard and tough and also heals very quickly, although i appreciate this isn't quite so convenient for the ladies.

I have often used ear lobes (during private moments) and found the inside of my knees to be good alternative sites for testing. This area is quite hard and tough and also heals very quickly, although i appreciate this isn't quite so convenient for the ladies.

Ive been told about my ear lobes but that really does scare the hell outta me id be going for ages trying to get any blood outta my fat lobes .

Fat lobes!! Thats hillarious!!! lol id get tons of blood in fact it wouldnt stop my ones are massive (thanks mum 🙄)

Big lobes eh! even better. They are nice and soft and full of o negative - or something like that.
Only trouble is sometimes they don't stop bleeding for a while.
The stomach is another one to try, just to give the fingers a bit of a rest.🙂

Ill try and let you know, i might have to be knocked out with a hammer mind you or under the influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back