Update on extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfpipMarathon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just had a call from Will @Dexcom ( guy I spoke to when I ordered the starter pack and receiver) and I can keep the extra transmitter and sensor. I asked if I needed to pay for them and he said no so good result.

Regarding my post yesterday I am still not sure what to do. I'm aware that you can apparently restart sensors unlike Libre,. Can't speak for GlucoRx. So you can get 20 days per sensor instead of 10 so theoretically you would only need 5 sensors which would use up the transmitter"s 90 days.

In my case I can either restart my current sensor or use the second one and restart that one when it's reached 10 days or order more. No point ordering the 3 month bundle as I already have a spare transmitter. The individual sensors are £41 which are cheaper than Libre 2!

The individual sensors are £41 which are cheaper than Libre 2!
So long as you can extend them. Otherwise it's £4.10 a day (to which you have to add a fraction of a transmitter) whereas Libre 2 is £3.49 a day. (As I understand it they're virtually the same cost overall, with Dexcom One being £10 a year cheaper to the NHS.)

H
So long as you can extend them. Otherwise it's £4.10 a day (to which you have to add a fraction of a transmitter) whereas Libre 2 is £3.49 a day. (As I understand it they're virtually the same cost overall, with Dexcom One being £10 a year cheaper to the NHS.)
The guy from Dexcom told me the individual sensors are £41. I thought he said £51 initially but no he confirmed £41. He was very helpful.

Apparently others on the Facebook group Dexcom have extended sensors so it can be done unlike Libre 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back