Update on Disastrous Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Merry Christmas to everybody.
I am please to say that my leg is now improving day by day and I have cast off the leg brace and can walk about with the crutch as a security blanket. The only issue is I developed a rash on and around the operation site which is worrying me but I have some cream from the GP which hopefully will clear it up.
The thing that GOBSMACKED me was having felt I had put pounds on around my middle, my OH frogmarched me onto the scales and I was EXACTLY the same as before the incident, so what bits are thinner??

Merry Christmas! It’s great that you’ve got the cast off!

So pleased you are making a good recovery. It seems ages since you did it but I bet it seems longer too for you!
Pleased your sense of weight gain is misplaced although I imagine you will have some muscle wastage from your legs which may counterbalance the slight increase elsewhere. 😉 Hopefully that will easily rebalance once you can get more exercise.
Wishing you all the very best that the Festive Season has to offer and health and happiness for the New Year.

Hope the cream relieves any discomfort from the rash @Leadinglights

Glad to hear that your cast is off now, and that you are able to be up and mobile a bit more.

Hope your recovery continues, and your muscle wastage builds back up again.

So pleased you are making a good recovery. It seems ages since you did it but I bet it seems longer too for you!
Pleased your sense of weight gain is misplaced although I imagine you will have some muscle wastage from your legs which may counterbalance the slight increase elsewhere. 😉 Hopefully that will easily rebalance once you can get more exercise.
Wishing you all the very best that the Festive Season has to offer and health and happiness for the New Year.
Yes it definitely seems a long time.
The other bit of good news was my daughter has been appointed Divisional Director for Women and Child Health for the NHS trust where she works as an Obs and Gynae consultant. She has been very proactive with her Gestational diabetes mothers so hopefully will have wider influence now. What a proud Mum I am.

Yes it definitely seems a long time.
The other bit of good news was my daughter has been appointed Divisional Director for Women and Child Health for the NHS trust where she works as an Obs and Gynae consultant. She has been very proactive with her Gestational diabetes mothers so hopefully will have wider influence now. What a proud Mum I am.
You should be proud! That’s a great achievement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back