Update - feeling more positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

suziepoo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi - been a while since I posted on here. After rough patch followed by good news today - thought I'd give an update.
After bursting into tears before work, my hubby dragged me to our new GP. He agreed that I'm moderately depressed and gave me some medication and signed me off work for 2 weeks (and then another 2 weeks).
My psychologist had confirmed that my anxiety levels were very high and my depression level was high-ish too. He's also given me tips on injecting and made it easier.
Whilst I was off, I decided to start doing my 2nd daily injection. I've also started injecting into my tum which is easier than my leg! (Thanks Jay!)
I went to see my DSN today and she's so happy with my sugar levels that we're sticking to 2 injections a day (for now anyway!). She's also changed my consultant to a different one who understands psychological issues better. She's going to come to my 1st meet with him to explain why we changed consultants!
It's amazing how much difference it makes having supportive GPs and DSN! Especially ones who say how proud they are that I'm injecting twice a day despite being needle phobic!
To anyone else struggling, I heartily suggest changing your GP/DSN until you get ones that support you. It is truly worth the hassle!🙂

Good news suzie.............long may it continue............:D

Thanks for the update Suzie, it's good to hear that you are making good progress 🙂 I've been fortunate to receive good care from the start and I've often been surprised and shocked at the care some receive. Things do sound promising with the new consultant and your DSNs support, so good luck and let us know if we can help also! 🙂

Great news It is nice to hear when things are working, I hope it continues.

that's brilliant Suzie!! so glad things are turning around for you!

One thing I just wanted to pick up on as well though is the importance of rotating your injection sites. I spent about 8 years only injecting into my stomach and I now have bad scar tissue on the site, and the DSN estimated I was probably 'losing' about a third of the insulin I was injecting due to the scar tissue....just saying it to you now as I am now permanently scarred and that will never go and it's so easy to avoid.

keep up the brilliant work and so glad to hear you so happy 🙂

Great news Suzie, that's really encouraging! 🙂 Brill!

Thats very good news hun keep us updated as to how you are doing
take care
gail

Thanks for all your positive comments/support!

Imtrying - I do alternate my injection sites between my leg and tum and between each side. I just find my tum easier than my legs! But thanks for your advice. xx

That't brilliant Suzie!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back