update and allergies

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all, were allll moved in!

Just quickly, does anyone have any advice re cat hair allergy? It srrms the old tenants had hats and didn't bother cleaning properly. Now, I am seriously allergic and am suffering pretty badly, really struggling to breathe. I've been popping piriot but that hasn't worked, cleaned the place from top to bottom but nothing is working :( and I'm struggling like mad to breathe. Its so bad I'm tempted to go to the walk in centre before work tomorrow and see if they can get me a puffer :(

The only thing i can think of is changing the carpet, as thats probably where the problem lies.
xx

Yeah I'm not having a new carpet fitted. Well just have to keep hoovering :/

If you are keeping the carpets then my advice would be to have them steam cleaned. The alleries from cats is from the residue they leave behind from their sebacious glands, a bit like dandruff. Wash everything in sight, skirting boards, doors etc. as it is this dustlike substance that causes the problem and is often in the actual cat hair.

If you are keeping the carpets then my advice would be to have them steam cleaned. The alleries from cats is from the residue they leave behind from their sebacious glands, a bit like dandruff. Wash everything in sight, skirting boards, doors etc. as it is this dustlike substance that causes the problem and is often in the actual cat hair.

You will have to clean the place from top to bottom. Steam cleaning is a great idea. Cant the landlord do anything? Surely its down to them to make sure the place was clean before you moved in?

xx

You would have thought so phoebe seeing as how it was the landlord who lived here before. I'm fuming! We've hoovered and dusted billions of times but I'm still affected. Walk in centre this morning, I'm feeling pretty ropey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back