up, up, up!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sianee

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hello,
i hope everyone is well.
had my first session with the pshycologist on wednesday, although i was a dubious about it when he told me the method that he would be adopting with me, it went really well!!! we covered a lot and he had a method for me to sort of block out the bad memories i have, i.e. the day they diagnosed me, my first injection......etc.
have been i constant contact with my local diabetes centre, and appointments evrey fortnight and i have been put on the p.a.s.t.y course!! really looking forward to that, hopefully eill halp me understand my carb counting a little more. and im am pleased to say..............i am going on the pump!!! FINALLY!!! the consultant said by christmas!!! i am so happy about that!! :D
thing are really looking up and im starting to look at my diabetes so differently, this isnt such a negative thing anymore, im in control of this condition, its not in control of me!!! happy happy happy!!! :D
thank you for all of your support and advice, its never unappriciated xx

Fantastic news Sianee!!! :D Really pleased things are looking up for you! A pump!!! What a great Christmas present 🙂

I love the idea of doing a PASTY course - in Cornish, I presume? :D

Thats great news 🙂 What is a pasty course? Sounds great 😉

Thats great news 🙂 What is a pasty course? Sounds great 😉

Being from devon a pasty course to me would be pasty (steak) chips & baked beans mmm lol 😛

Well done Sianee 🙂

Last edited:
Great news, well done :D x

fantastic, well done. its great to hear that you've actually gone out and got help when you needed it, and not been ashamed to do so. its so hard for many people to accept they need someone else to help them but you're taking all the right steps and getting things under control. I wish i had your eagerness!

keep up the good work! 🙂

Brilliant news, I am glad it is looking up for you. I am wondering what a P.A.S.T.Y course is too. I guess it is something to do with the pump? Lots of good news all at once and I am reading this on a Mondy morning too.

hi guy and girls,
sorry for the late reply.
right the 'PASTIE' course, its 'Plymouth Adjustment System Through Insulin & Eating' . its all about counting carbs etc. its a 4 week course (1 day a week) i assume there are similar courses everywhere ?? i chose to attend the 'type 1 update' course a few months ago, our group was on of the first to take it and no matter how long you have had this condition i strongly recommend, if you are offered this course, to take it! i hope that helps everyone. 🙂 x

Sounds a bit like DAFNE which is Dose Adjustment For Normal Eating. Thanks for explaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back