Up to Date - Printable Glycemic Index Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nige13

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi
Does anyone have or know where to print off a good Glycemic Index Chart? I have looked online and there are thousands and lots of these have conficting information? :confused:

Your observation probably says more about the concept of Glycaemic Index than anything. Any chart is as good (or as bad) as the next one as far as I can see.

Hi
Does anyone have or know where to print off a good Glycemic Index Chart? I have looked online and there are thousands and lots of these have conficting information? :confused:
As far as I can make out from what I have read is only partially useful for Type 2 diabetics as it is the individuals gut microbiome which can make a big difference as to how people metabolise foods. Also what you put with it also can change a high GI food to a low GI food.
Anthony Worrell Thompson produced a book the GI diet when he was diagnosed as Type 2 but that was a few years ago but it does have a list of low, medium, high GI foods.

Hiya @Nige13. When I was first dx, I bought the Kindle version of Jennie Brand-Miller's book "Low GI Diet for Childhood Diabetes" - it has about 40 pages of GI tables at the back. She works at Sydney University and I'm pretty sure they had a website with comprehensive GI tables - for free! But we're talking 10 years ago...sorry I can't be more precise!

Hiya @Nige13. When I was first dx, I bought the Kindle version of Jennie Brand-Miller's book "Low GI Diet for Childhood Diabetes" - it has about 40 pages of GI tables at the back. She works at Sydney University and I'm pretty sure they had a website with comprehensive GI tables - for free! But we're talking 10 years ago...sorry I can't be more precise!
I have the paper book but mine is at least 20 years old.

Northie used to like the GL diet for dummies I think? Glycaemic load (GL) is a combination of GI and likely portion size.

Like @Leadinglights I have only found GI to be of limited use, and find it much more reliable to check my response to things myself with a BG meter and before/after checks. So many allegedly ‘slow release’ things were like rocket fuel for my digestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back