Up to date compatibility list

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfpipMarathon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Has anyone recently checked Dexcom One or Libre 2 for phone compatibility?

Would you say that the list is up to date?

I have bought a new phone well secondhand B category from CeX. It's a Samsung A40 which is on the compatibility list for Dexcom One app. It wasn't my main reason for getting another phone. Don't know why people say upgrade when, unless the phone is the next model for example Samsung A23 is available for preorder, anything else is technically downgrading unless the phone is not as smart phone.

My Huawei mobile is compatible with Libre 2, apparently (I haven’t updated to Android 13) but the alarms are still unavailable. My phone isn’t compatible with Dex 1. It’s impossible to say if the list is up to date - only Abbott or Dexcom can tell you that. And if Abbott say “Yes, our list is up to date” I’d take that with a massive pinch of salt. I get the impression their device is currently out of their control. 😱

My Huawei mobile is compatible with Libre 2, apparently (I haven’t updated to Android 13) but the alarms are still unavailable. My phone isn’t compatible with Dex 1. It’s impossible to say if the list is up to date - only Abbott or Dexcom can tell you that. And if Abbott say “Yes, our list is up to date” I’d take that with a massive pinch of salt. I get the impression their device is currently out of their control. 😱
Okay tbh I wouldnt take it as gospel that the list was up to date. When I looked out of curiosity at the G6 my current phone comes under Motorola and apparently is compatible but am sure that they would say it's not.

I think even if if one finds a phone compatible all the ios updates can render it incompatible.

Has anyone recently checked Dexcom One or Libre 2 for phone compatibility?

Would you say that the list is up to date?
For Libre 2 I'm sure it's not an up to date list. Not a complete list, anyway (there'll be lots of phones not on the list which'll be fine), and there seem to be some issues with Android 13.

My impression is that the Dexcom app is more picky about which phones it'll run on so I'd hope the list on the web site is kept up to date with that. (At least for Android there's a way to make your own Dexcom app which has some of those checks removed.)

For Libre 2 I'm sure it's not an up to date list. Not a complete list, anyway (there'll be lots of phones not on the list which'll be fine), and there seem to be some issues with Android 13.

My impression is that the Dexcom app is more picky about which phones it'll run on so I'd hope the list on the web site is kept up to date with that. (At least for Android there's a way to make your own Dexcom app which has some of those checks removed.)

You would hope that the Dexcom compatibly lists for all products is up to date but someone said don't take Dexcom saying that the list is up to date as gospel.

To be fair the number of new phones that have come out over the years it's probably a big job to keep track and test every phone model.

That said it must be annoying to find a compatible phone then changes in ios requirements making it incompatible especially as people are reliant on them and not able to afford to keep changing their phone.

I'm not sure if I will keep my current phone hence I have a free SiM for the Samsung which I will use purely for Apps. No phone calls or texts, email etc. If I decide that the new phone is compatible with Dexcom One app then once my current SIM only contract expires I will renew and insert the SIM in the Samsung A40 or I might sell both and upgrade again.

I like the idea of a separate phone just for apps though.

The 'build your own dexcom app' is very good, and has prooved more reliable than the official libre app, though would recommend asking for the reader as backup

The 'build your own dexcom app' is very good, and has prooved more reliable than the official libre app, though would recommend asking for the reader as backup
My current phone is compatible with the Libre 2 app just not Dexcom One.

When I bought the starter pack for Dexcom One I was supposed to get just one transmitter and one sensor. As my phone is not compatible I bought the receiver. They sent me an extra sensor and transmitter. I contacted them and said I would send them back but they said keep them.

I'm not sure what to do with them tbh. I thought having continuous glucose monitoring would be great better than having to scan like with Libre 2 but I was wrong.I haven't used the spare sensor or bought a Libre 2.

If the Libre 2 and/or Dexcom One app works on my new phone great but not essential to me as type 2 not on insulin .
I

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back