Unwell

Martin62

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I woke up today with a cough, sore throat and shivers , did a COVID test which was negative, treating myself with plenty of fluids and regular paracetamol.Sugar levels are higher than usual , so adjusting my bolus and basal to try and bring them down. Will do another COVID test in the morning.Fingers crossed it just a tonsil infection.

Sorry to hear you are coming down with an infection. Hope it passes soon but it sounds like you have things in hand with your diabetes management of it anyway. Fingers crossed those adjustments to your insulin work well and you are soon in a position to adjust them back down again.

I did wonder when you described the symptoms.

When I had it, it was relatively minor and short lived in terms of symptoms, just like a mild cold although it aggravated my normally very mild asthma well into December, and I was still testing positive for more than a fortnight after first testing positive. It was back in late October last year and I still haven't fully regained my sense of smell, which can be a blessing at times (the farmers are spreading muck here locally and everyone is complaining about the stench 🙄 ) and sad at others of course, particularly with food. I think my sense of taste is also impacted but to a lesser extent.
My partner just had it a couple of months ago and he was laid out with it for a week and he is normally incredibly tough, so must have been feeling really rough! We both made otherwise full recoveries though.

Hope your experience is similar to mine rather than his!

I was firmly in the “what’s wrong with you wimps, just get on with it” camp….. until I got it! It was grim for a couple of days and then almost as quick as it started, it disappeared! The aching was the worst bit for me. Absolutely hammered me that bit! Hope its a swift recovery for ya!

Yes @Tom1982 the aching was awful. I last had Covid in February this year and that was the worst aching I’ve had. I also had burning hot fevers. I felt better in a couple of days, rough for a few more days and then got back to normal over the next week. I did feel very tired though.

Take it easy @Martin62 and I hope you feel better soon..

How are you feeling today @Martin62? How are your blood sugars doing?

I hope the symptoms are easing @Martin62
Well done for keeping a watch on any basal and bolus changes needed. When ill I often forgot to change basal until I found I was doing loads of corrections.
Take care.

Hi Anna, I'm not feeling particularly ill, I have a hacking cough,sore throat and a mild temperature. My bloods are a bit on the high side and I'm constantly adjusting my rates to try and get them down.
Glad you’re not feeling particularly ill and managing your sugars with some correction doses. Wishing you well very soon. 🙂

Glad you are bouncing back @Martin62

It can make you feel properly grim.

Hope you are back at full strength really soon 🙂

Back