Unusual readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, at the moment my sugar levels keep falling to below 3.5 at least twice a day. I am type 2 on 20 units of insulin a day and need to know if anyone else has experienced this and how to control it. Feeling permanently as if I am going to pass out, having wobbly legs, very hot, headachy and light headed is getting me down.

Thats bad, either feed your lows with glucose and reduce your insulin by 2 units every other day until you are not going hypo. 20 grams of fast acting glucose then check levels again in 15 minutes if your still low repeat. I can not stress enough how dangerous hypos are.

What’s the full name of the insulin you take @Toshi including any letters or numbers after the name? What you’re experiencing are hypos. They can be dangerous if you go too low. Phone your GP surgery urgently and get some help with reducing your insulin.

Have you changed your diet recently? Have you had any recent vaccinations?

When your blood sugar drops low (I’d say below 5 just to be safe) have 3 or more Dextro glucose tablets then follow those up with a longer-lasting carb snack, eg a couple of digestive biscuits or a slice of bread.

I would certainly look at reducing your insulin dose size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back