Unusual lows

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisMF

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Been type 1 for little over a year. To be honest, been going ok. Comfortable with adjusting insulin doses etc. This was obviously usually increasing as the honeymoon period ended. Been on current long lasting dose and rapid ratio for a while now and Been going fine. Actually got a 4.6% on my last hb1ac result.

However, the last few days I've been getting abnormal low blood glucose. Obviously usually get spikes after eating but getting little to nothing the last few days which then is causing lows quite soon after meal times.

Bit hesitant to decrease dosages as debating whether could just be a blip so was going to give it a few more days first.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas why this could be?

Cheers

Welcome @ChrisMF 🙂 Various things can cause lower sugars, eg hormones, illness, stress, exercise, digestion issues - and just the variability of diabetes. You might find things revert back to normal soon, but in the meantime I’d decrease your insulin so as to avoid hypos. Do you have a Libre?

Yea, and that's the confusing thing as absolutely nothing has changed. One of the many mysteries of diabetes yea, I'm on libre thankfully, otherwise fingers would look like pin cushions last few days. As you said, may decrease my long lasting tomorrow, see what happens

Yea, and that's the confusing thing as absolutely nothing has changed. One of the many mysteries of diabetes yea, I'm on libre thankfully, otherwise fingers would look like pin cushions last few days. As you said, may decrease my long lasting tomorrow, see what happens
As already stated by @Inka you need to change your carb ratio.
Rule of thumb is usually lows within 2 hrs of a meal then it's your bolus causing the problem 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back