Unused sharps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the box they come in, if you mean unused needles and lancets?

What do people use to keep there unused sharps in please?
I used an old jam jar to have a small stash of new/ unused needles in reach (on a sideboard), needed them too often to have them away in a cupboard and the glass jar wasn’t too unsightly. Had my full supply away in a cupboard and just topped up as needed.

For out and about I have a wallet from the company myabetic which holds everything I could need.

Last edited:
I keep my general stash in a diabetes drawer with test strips, needles, spare pens, etc. As well as a file a diabetes related correspondence.
I have a small bag I keep my "in use" meter pens, a generous handful of needles and lancets, insulin, needles, hypo treatment, etc. I carry with me around the house and when I go out

At home in drawer like heli above where everything diabetes related is kept, out & about just in bg meter case.

white porcelain bowl for needles. Glass dish for lancets. Yellow tub for the used stuff. Whatever is easy for yourself. Be creative i'm sure there is something suitable you can find.

Now starting to think that I am decidedly boring keeping them in the boxes they come in. I carry a spare needle in my pen case with my insulin pens and I used to have a couple loose in the bottom of my handbag which is definitely not a good idea as they get tatty. Maybe I should stick a couple in an empty test strip pot. My lancets always stay in the kitchen cupboard with my spare needle boxes and I make a special trip to seek one annually on St Swithin's day, which most people here on the forum recognize as also being lancet changing day 🙄. Interestingly I do also carry a couple around in my meter case, for if I want to test my sister for instance. She is on long term steroids so I like to test her occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back