Unused pump supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyHP

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello all - first time here. Quick query, I am soon to upgrade my insulin pump. As a result of this I have several boxes of Soft Release infusion sets and syringes for use with Dana RS pump, in date and sealed.

Could anyone use these? Happy to donate as feel horrible throwing them away.

I would donate to hospital but apparently they have a surplus...

Hello all - first time here. Quick query, I am soon to upgrade my insulin pump. As a result of this I have several boxes of Soft Release infusion sets and syringes for use with Dana RS pump, in date and sealed.

Could anyone use these? Happy to donate as feel horrible throwing them away.

I would donate to hospital but apparently they have a surplus...
You need to keep the supplies for when/ if your new pump fails. Why oh why did you order so many supplies if you knew you were changing pump anyway?
If you have a lot of supplies then use your DanaR until you are down to a reasonable level to keep as a back up in case of pump failure.

I believe @Inka uses a Dana RS pump.

From what I have read there is a Facebook group where equipment can be offered free to people. I think @Kaylz may have a link to that.

You need to keep the supplies for when/ if your new pump fails. Why oh why did you order so many supplies if you knew you were changing pump anyway?
If you have a lot of supplies then use your DanaR until you are down to a reasonable level to keep as a back up in case of pump failure.
I didn't order them, they come automatically from the supplier after an order from the hospital.

Usually I would receive an email to say an order is to be placed and can skip the delivery; however on this occasion they did not send the email, so here we are...

I can keep some as backup but do not need all of the stock I have (and besides I also have pens etc for backup if it's a real emergency).

If your a member of Facebook then you could post them on UK Type 1 Diabetics Pay It Forward or even Help! I Forgot My Type 1 Kit UK xx

If you want the link to either group I can PM you but I don't post it publicly as me and an admin came to that agreement xx

I didn't order them, they come automatically from the supplier after an order from the hospital.

Usually I would receive an email to say an order is to be placed and can skip the delivery; however on this occasion they did not send the email, so here we are...

I can keep some as backup but do not need all of the stock I have (and besides I also have pens etc for backup if it's a real emergency).
Well ring up advanced T and ask them to take the supplies back.
Each box of cannulas is more than £100. So use them before you change pumps if AT wont take them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back