Uninstalling Libre2 app

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfpipMarathon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I know some won't agree but we'll have to agree to disagree.

Following on from my last post I decided that scanning the Libre 2 was making me miserable so I decided to remove it.

I'm now deciding whether to uninstall the app or leave it in case I change my mind in the future. If I did uninstall it then reinstalled later would I lose the data I have already accumulated?

At the present moment in time I definitely don't think I will be using it again.

You will lose the data on your phone, but not that on LibreView.

Unfortunately if you re-install later you cannot repopulate the phone.

If you are a techy type you can use a developer app called ADB to take a copy on to a PC which you can subsequently recover the phone from. Not for the feint hearted!

I know some won't agree but we'll have to agree to disagree.

Following on from my last post I decided that scanning the Libre 2 was making me miserable so I decided to remove it.

I'm now deciding whether to uninstall the app or leave it in case I change my mind in the future. If I did uninstall it then reinstalled later would I lose the data I have already accumulated?

At the present moment in time I definitely don't think I will be using it again.
Good morning.

Well done on making a decision about what suits you. There is a lot more to diabetes than numbers. Yes there are advantages in knowing what is happening between meals but it can also lead to micro managing. There will be plenty of people on here who love using the sensor, but if it is making you miserable, take a break. If you lose the data on your phone you can build some up again if you choose to go back to using it.

Take care of yourself.

Good morning.

Well done on making a decision about what suits you. There is a lot more to diabetes than numbers. Yes there are advantages in knowing what is happening between meals but it can also lead to micro managing. There will be plenty of people on here who love using the sensor, but if it is making you miserable, take a break. If you lose the data on your phone you can build some up again if you choose to go back to using it.

Take care of yourself.
Morning

Thank you. I was wary of being judged for removing a sensor before the 14 days were up hence it was a hard decision.

Despite my reservations about finger pricking it's not so instant - you have to have your meter, strips and lancets with you all the time plus something to put the used strips and lancets in until one gets home - so less chance to be obsessive if you don't take the aforementioned out with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back