Underpatches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin62

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I saw these advertised today , looks like they might be good for people who have a reaction to the adhesive on their cgm.Screenshot_20230724_120450_Facebook.jpg

They would be if they stuck. I tried them, underpatch was peeling off less than a week in so I ended up having to put something extra over the top and take an antihistamine. Unimpressed as libre sticks firmly for me.

I’m back to applying libre to skin and taking antihistamine. I have the rest of the pack if anyone wants one.

They would be if they stuck. I tried them, underpatch was peeling off less than a week in so I ended up having to put something extra over the top and take an antihistamine. Unimpressed as libre sticks firmly for me.

I’m back to applying libre to skin and taking antihistamine. I have the rest of the pack if anyone wants

I’m back to applying libre to skin and taking antihistamine. I have the rest of the pack if anyone wants one.
Have you tried skin tac, It's a fantastic barrier it comes as swabs so all I did was dab the swab over the sticky on the sensor waited a moment or two then applier the sensor. Plenty of stick and a barrier as well, so no need for the antihistamine if you would rather not take it.

Have you tried skin tac, It's a fantastic barrier it comes as swabs so all I did was dab the swab over the sticky on the sensor waited a moment or two then applier the sensor. Plenty of stick and a barrier as well, so no need for the antihistamine if you would rather not take it.
I’ve not, only just switched back to libre and didn’t use anything with dexcom one as didn’t react. I’ll have a look on the next sensor, just put one on yesterday as the last fell off early (first attempt at underpatch)

Do you have the libre on prescription Lucy ? I ask because I have a friend who managed to get a prescription for the dexcom as she was allergic to the glue in the libre. She’s totally fine with the dexcom

Do you have the libre on prescription Lucy ? I ask because I have a friend who managed to get a prescription for the dexcom as she was allergic to the glue in the libre. She’s totally fine with the dexcom
Yes, but this is my very first prescription sensor I’m wearing now. I decided to accept the libre whilst something was offer (after 5+ years of self funding since whenever they first came out I’d take anything) and then ask about switching later on once I’d got my foot in the door.

Yes, but this is my very first prescription sensor I’m wearing now. I decided to accept the libre whilst something was offer (after 5+ years of self funding since whenever they first came out I’d take anything) and then ask about switching later on once I’d got my foot in the door.
I like it … great plan 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back