Uncontrolled Diabetic Type 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmirahsMummy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi there.
I havent been controlling my diabetes type 2 very well & im having very bad symptoms as mentioned on a post that i posted earlier on.
I dont think about what i eat… chocolate, crisps & takaways galore.
I do take metformin but would love to hear what easy meals you all eat for breakfast, lunch & dinner as i need to start somewhere.
Thank you in advance xx

Hi there.
I havent been controlling my diabetes type 2 very well & im having very bad symptoms as mentioned on a post that i posted earlier on.
I dont think about what i eat… chocolate, crisps & takaways galore.
I do take metformin but would love to hear what easy meals you all eat for breakfast, lunch & dinner as i need to start somewhere.
Thank you in advance xx
I posted you a link in the other thread but some examples of breakfast, full fat Greek yoghurt with berries or seeds and nuts, bacon and egg, eggs in any form, mushrooms, tomatoes. some can tolerate a small amount of bread.
Lunch, homemade soup, cooked meat or fish with salad, Dinner meals composed of meat, fish, eggs, cheese, vegetables, salads with only very small portions of any high carb foods like rice, potatoes, pasta, bread.
Portion control is important and watching the amount of high carb foods and cutting out cakes, biscuits, sugary drinks including fruit juice and high carb snacks.
If you want chocolate in small amounts then make it the dark chocolate.

Another tip with chocolate is to have something like one of the Kind bars - they are fairly low in carbohydrate as they're mostly nuts, but I find the combination of nuts plus drizzled chocolate makes it feel more like I've had a "chocolate bar". The other thing I have done is to buy nice dark chocolate buttons, and portion out a few, then put the packet away before eating them. Much more effective for me than just thinking "I'll only eat x number out of this open packet".

Though I've missed chocolate less than I expected given I used to regularly eat too much, especially the days I was working

I mostly have eggs for breakfast - as I tend to not eat breakfast until I'm at work, this is often "frittata" that I've pre-cooked (vegetables, eggs and milk - like a quiche but no crusts), either in small silicone cupcake holders (and have a couple) or in a bigger pan and sliced into pieces. Sometimes when I've not prepared anything I've made scrambled eggs in the microwave at work.

Lunch mostly salad or soup - starting to be soup more now it's getting cold - with maybe a slice of bread or a couple of seeded oatcakes.

Dinner varies a bit more, can be stir fry veg with some chicken; bolognese with vegetables or black bean spaghetti; fish in butter sauce with a small portion of mashed root veg and some beans or broccoli; bbq - cheeseburger, salad and a pork steak; fried aubergine slices with pesto and some pre- cooked chicken etc. As @Leadinglights said making sure if I'm having a carb- rich food that is a small portion of the meal.

Hi. Whatever you plan to eat keep an eye on the Total Carb content. I have eggs and bacon for breakfast plus a small quantity of home-made muesli with cold milk. For chocolate do try 85% Dark such as Green & Blacks - you do get used to the taste and I now prefer it to sugar-laden junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back