UK 2010 Discrimination Act

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druentia

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi All
Thanks to all those, who responded to my first post. If there is anyone out there, a little more clued up than myself, I would appreciate a response. I believe, I am being discriminated by my school, because I am a 69 year old caretaker, who is Type 2 Diabetic on insulin, and I have had to watch my school take a replacement on for me, give her virtually all my jobs, leaving me no better off than a toilet attendant. That isn't so bad. But it's as though I have been incarcerated. I am kept away from other members of staff. Told I can no longer help them and told only to do the basic duties, I have been given. The person replacing me has all the training the managing and basically all the functions that used to be part of my remit. If I send an email, it is generally ignored. That is basically it, which i believe shows my school to be breaking the law under the UK 2010 Discrimination Act. I am 69 and I feel I have several years left in me yet, The main excuse the school gives for this bad behaviour, is a concern that I could collapse at any time, due to low sugars. Which is rubbish.

Hi All
Thanks to all those, who responded to my first post. If there is anyone out there, a little more clued up than myself, I would appreciate a response. I believe, I am being discriminated by my school, because I am a 69 year old caretaker, who is Type 2 Diabetic on insulin, and I have had to watch my school take a replacement on for me, give her virtually all my jobs, leaving me no better off than a toilet attendant. That isn't so bad. But it's as though I have been incarcerated. I am kept away from other members of staff. Told I can no longer help them and told only to do the basic duties, I have been given. The person replacing me has all the training the managing and basically all the functions that used to be part of my remit. If I send an email, it is generally ignored. That is basically it, which i believe shows my school to be breaking the law under the UK 2010 Discrimination Act. I am 69 and I feel I have several years left in me yet, The main excuse the school gives for this bad behaviour, is a concern that I could collapse at any time, due to low sugars. Which is rubbish.
Hello @Druentia ,

It may be helpful to ring us (Diabetes UK) and we can possibly open an advocacy case for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back