uh oh BBQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bex123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
ok so just had a BBQ but u know what its like ive been grazing for like 2 hours! and am now trying to figure out what the hell to give myself insulin wize , im on novo rapid
but roughly heres what i ate and i cant remember the carb values of some of these??? help

4 sausages
1 pork rib rib
1 white roll
2 slices of garlic bread and about 10 pringles
and a shed load of salad but i know thats free 😛

any ideas.... think im gonna guess it

Sausage, pork, fresh 4 links (about 2 oz.) = 0.5g

Pork Ribs 4 oz. serving size = 0

1 bread roll
Carbs: 30g

Garlic Bread
Food Quantity: Average Slice
Carbs: 8g

Pringles potato chips
Food Quantity: 1 oz
Carbs: 15g

Hope the above gives you an idea...

WOW! thanks! thats roughly what i calculated ish! lol

Sausage, pork, fresh 4 links (about 2 oz.) = 0.5g

Pork Ribs 4 oz. serving size = 0

1 bread roll
Carbs: 30g

Garlic Bread
Food Quantity: Average Slice
Carbs: 8g

Pringles potato chips
Food Quantity: 1 oz
Carbs: 15g

Hope the above gives you an idea...

Sausages can vary from between 0.5 to anything up to 8 if they have lots of rusk in.😱

Pork ribs - if they had a sauce on then this also needs to be added.

The fat in the garlic bread will delay absorption for a couple of hours - so may be split the dose?

The white bread roll will cause a late spike - you can also do a split dose for this if you want.

If you had an oily salad dressing this will also delay things - so just watch your levels over the next 4 to 6 hours to see if your having a spike.🙂Bev

Sausages can vary from between 0.5 to anything up to 8 if they have lots of rusk in.

Pork ribs - if they had a sauce on then this also needs to be added.

The fat in the garlic bread will delay absorption for a couple of hours - so may be split the dose?

The white bread roll will cause a late spike - you can also do a split dose for this if you want.

If you had an oily salad dressing this will also delay things - so just watch your levels over the next 4 to 6 hours to see if your having a spike.Bev

thanks bev , good to know , think im gonna have to be more organised and a bit more strict with myself at bbq's this summer😱 , will have to plan what and how much to eat and stick to it😱, BBQ's r my weakness 😉

It's all so blooming complicated, I reckon you need a degree to figure it all out. I'm hopeless with numbers so when my turn comes I'm, going to be completely bamboozled.

It's all so blooming complicated, I reckon you need a degree to figure it all out. I'm hopeless with numbers so when my turn comes I'm, going to be completely bamboozled.

I thought that at first Alison, and although my dietician and DSN explained it it just seemed odd to me and I sort of half heartedly attempted it.. then I was reading one of the threads on carb counting on here and it all fell into place..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back