Ugh - Simplera Glue

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
Relatively new to Medtronic Simplera sensors, but I am starting to see some tell-tale red angriness when I remove the sensor after 7 days :(

I has this once before with the overtapes Medtronic supplied, but the Enlites and G3s were OK.

Looks like I may need to look into getting some Tegaderm or Opsite patches to fire them through.

It may be my imagination, but my fresh sensor (day 2-3) is already feeling a little tender underneath. :(

1727598670472.jpeg

Oh dear, that looks nasty! My daughter had 9 years of absolutely no issues with things stuck to her and then her skin started reacting really badly to everything. I think at the moment it’s going through another phase like that and she’s having to be a bit inventive where she puts her cannulas and sensors, to give the usual sites a break. She’s tried it all, Tegaderm, cavilon, and all sorts of other things. I’ll have to ask her what she settled on eventually. I think at the moment she’s tying her Dexcom on with bandages round the arm rather than any sort of overpatches 😳 and we’ve had to go to the doctor to get fresh creams and ointments to treat the reactions. But she says there’s no way she’d ever choose to have a complete pump break and go back to pens to give it a rest!

Thanks @Sally71

I’ve been lucky so far. Libre was fine, as were Dex. I have been able to use OpSite and (more recently) Hypafix with no irritation.

So I guess I’m not that surprised really, especially since the irritation I did have was with Medtronic overtapes.

I’m going to try Opsite underneath (with a little keyhole to ‘fire’ through) to see how that goes.

Agh was wondering about the glue. I'm still on g4 for now and have to cut a hole in a Mepitel one dressing and use a Mepitel film over the sensor to secure. Fingers crossed

Agh was wondering about the glue. I'm still on g4 for now and have to cut a hole in a Mepitel one dressing and use a Mepitel film over the sensor to secure. Fingers crossed

I never used G4. I was OK with Enlite and G3 though. It was only the supplied overtapes that I reacted to

It’s quite possible it’s just developing though, and the glue is the same and G3/Enlite sensors, but my skin is throwing a wobbler?!

Oddly, I can get “phantom” sensor twinge on the opposite arm. But nothing like you posted. New deodorant or something like that?

I had one G3 that reacted badly then was fine. I am very much hoping they are using the same glue.

I had one G3 that reacted badly then was fine. I am very much hoping they are using the same glue.

Fingers crossed for you @SB2015

I guess the roll-out of the software update for existing pump users might take some time. When are you next due to see your clinic to ask about updates and sensor options?

Training booked in for 22 Oct. Already have the pump and sensors and have entered all the info so ready to go. Just having an issue with my Minimed Mobile app.

Just having an issue with my Minimed Mobile app.

Mine wouldn’t connect to the pump until I had a solid data signal.

Sensor changeover for me tonight. I’ve bought some 5” wide opSite film so will try a square under the next one to see if that helps. I’ll cut a little hole and try to fire the sensor through the ‘window’ 😳

I hope that improves things Mike. Let us know

Trying one with a patch under, but interestingly the skin under the last sensor to be removed looked pretty perky - so the earlier irritation may have just been something more localised?

Back