Typical day nowadays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy2202

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Morning all.
I’ve attached a screen shot of my last 24 hours Libre graph.
Now I know 98% in range is decent, this is down to that Waitrose bread I take to work now at 3g of carb per slice.

My question is, as I’m not eating the same level of carbs as I used to, will this start to have a negative effect on my energy levels?

I mean usually I’ll have a large evening meal where there will be a little spike if I don’t bolus enough or at the right time.

I don’t to continue to be 98% ish in range mon - sat but start to flag as a result

Attachments

• 6B617F7C-2C71-4C6F-AC6D-843431ACCA86.png
    6B617F7C-2C71-4C6F-AC6D-843431ACCA86.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 12
Should not have much effect on energy levels, providing you are eating enough calories for your body. But although OK, you aren't eating everything in sight with carbs, being Type 1, you don't have to limit carbs - just take enough insulin to cover them.

Morning all.
I’ve attached a screen shot of my last 24 hours Libre graph.
Now I know 98% in range is decent, this is down to that Waitrose bread I take to work now at 3g of carb per slice.

My question is, as I’m not eating the same level of carbs as I used to, will this start to have a negative effect on my energy levels?

I mean usually I’ll have a large evening meal where there will be a little spike if I don’t bolus enough or at the right time.

I don’t to continue to be 98% ish in range mon - sat but start to flag as a result
Ooh what's this Waitrose bread with only 3g of carbs, sounds good .

Some professional endurance athletes apparently follow a low carb diet and they have plenty of energy. The theory suggests that it is not great for athletes who need short bursts of energy such as footballers but cycling or ultra marathoners can perform on low carb. There seems to be limited evidence to suggest whether it improves performance. But nothing I have read suggests it degrades performance.

Thanks guys. I will stick to eating this bread thru the week as it’s sooo much easier when out on the tools, not worrying about needed to inject.
Also - can’t be bad staying in range almost perfectly I guess it allows for treating at the weekend 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back