• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

type1sue?

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Type1sue!

Where are you? You dont seem to have posted for a few days - are you ok?:)Bev

Hi Sue!

Glad your ok! Alex is fine thankyou - we get the results of his hba test tomorow - we have been told it wont be good as its still early days yet!:)Bev x

hope that the results are good. Did Alex have one done at diagnosis? If not this is your starting point, I think you are doing really well- both of you :)

Glad to see you are ok Sue, I owe you a pm!

Hi Nikki!

Thanks. I dont actually know if Alex had one done at diagnosis - we were probably told - but i just dont remember - we were in a daze for a few weeks!lol. Do you normally have one done at diagnosis? I am expecting something like 11 or something equally high! I suppose it will take a good few months yet to get it to a reasonable number. Bev x

sometimes they do sometimes they don't, you can always ask at your appointment.

you are right it will take a while for things to settle down. Sometimes we tend to get fixated on the number though. Let us know how you get on

Back