Type 3c Diabetes - Which London & SE Hospitals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles16

Relationship to Diabetes
Carer/Partner
Hi All,

My husband is about to be referred to a HPB surgeon at the Royal Free for possible surgery for CP and we need to also find a diabetes clinic as our local hospital have not been very helpful with his new Type 3c diagnosis.

We have seen a few positive comments about the Cedar Centre at the Royal Surrey and they have been so helpful on the phone, yes they treats lots of Type 3c patients, and will accept a GP referral.

Our inclination is to go there for the diabetes, but they did also say it might be best to keep surgeon and diabetes clinic under one hospital, but I have been struggling to get hold of anyone at the Royal Free to confirm if they have the same Type 3c expertise. I had previously checked at the Royal London last week before we knew about the Royal Free surgery referral, and they asked a consultant for me who said they weren't really ideal for Type 3c - hence now feeling I should be sure before deciding between the Royal Free vs Cedar Centre.

Thanks
Mandy

Hi Mandy,

Hope you're doing well.
My husband has the same health condition.
I'd like to ask you whether your husband has already had that surgery?
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Wendy

Hi Mandy,

Hope you're doing well.
My husband has the same health condition.
I'd like to ask you whether your husband has already had that surgery?
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Wendy
The original poster has not visited the site since 2019 so you may not get a reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back