Type 3C and treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
I have been type 2 for 9 years. Recent problems with my pancreas has led to a recategorisation to type 3C and finally after asking a lot of questions, prodding and challenging, I got a consultant appointment and have been started on Levemir twice a day, novorapid prior to eating and continued metformin. Day 5 on this new regime and I am feeling very out of sorts mentally. Is this me or part of adjusting to insulin? I so have not gotten low blood sugars so a lot of work to be done around understanding food and insulin I guess. I do feel a bit confused (I thought I was reasonably intelligent!!!) and a bit emotional. Thoughts, suggestions and help would be appreciated. Feeling a little discouraged but determined to get this. Thank you

Hello @Nickilovesbooks,
It's a lot to take in so one day at time is the way to go.
As your numbers come down to more normal levels you will feel a bit out of sorts to start with as your body has been used to high numbers all the time.
As you become more confident in altering your doses things will get easier for you.
As you have type3c you should expect (insist) to be treated as someone with type1 diabetes.

Food wise you can eat what you like as you will soon learn to count carbs and bolus the correct amount of novo.
Rome wasn't built in a day 🙂

Hello @Nickilovesbooks,
It's a lot to take in so one day at time is the way to go.
As your numbers come down to more normal levels you will feel a bit out of sorts to start with as your body has been used to high numbers all the time.
As you become more confident in altering your doses things will get easier for you.
As you have type3c you should expect (insist) to be treated as someone with type1 diabetes.

Food wise you can eat what you like as you will soon learn to count carbs and bolus the correct amount of novo.
Rome wasn't built in a day 🙂
Thank you Sue. Probably explains emotions all over the place today. Patience eh!

Thank you Sue. Probably explains emotions all over the place today. Patience eh!
Most definitely 🙂
Please try not to get upset if you have high numbers or low. We are humans and not machines, so no two days are the same. Treat your reading for what it is a number and nothing else.

Hi @Nickilovesbooks I have been T3C since having my pancreas removed in June 2022. I stated on Metformin but it wasn't working so went on to Insulin in August. At first my numbers were all over the place so I started carb counting and haven't looked back since.
My mood was up and down but have improved considerably since carb counting. At first I wasn't sure about carb counting as it seemed so confusing but honestly, it's so easy plus I can eat whatever I want. The one thing I have changed is sweetener in my coffee instead of sugar.
Patience and time is best and you will get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back