Kidney problems

• Answers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Imformation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I introduce myself I am Claire I am 63 next month I have had type 2 for 3 years and have a under active thyroid for 11 years , I have been told that they share a gene and that if you have thyroid problems you have a greater chance of developing type 2 . Approx 2 years ago, I had kidney stones! 6 weeks ago started again with pain and have had infection and 3 lots of Antibiotics , the last course finishing a week ago. I now feel as if I am starting an infection again and passed what I think is a small stone. I have had a scan which showed my left kidney is swollen and my GP has sent a second letter asking I see someone from urology urgently. Really really fed up as this is effecting my life.

Hello @Claire Morgan . Welcome to the forum.
Those UTIs are horrid they really pull you down don’t they. I hope you don’t have to wait long for the Urology appointment to find the cause of the enlarged kidney. You must be sI worried.

I think it would be wise to get your urine tested ASAP. Have they sent samples off to the laboratory to find the best antibiotics for whatever bug is causing your UTIs, or have they just done the dip stick test.

Do you test your BG ( blood glucose) levels yourself ?. You see I. wondering if you may have sweet urine. may be causing your frequent UTIs.
Apologies if you know this, If our BG levels are too high our kidneys try to get rid of the excess glucose via our urine and sweet warm urine is the ideal environment for those pesky little blighters that cause our UTIs.

Has been tested again and again loads of white cells proteins and other gunk .had a poor weekend with pain like childbirth baring down feeling and uncomfortable. Was going to go back to Gp but passed some stones and managed to collect 2 one black with a sharp point and one white . The relief from pain was instant. Have now got a urology appointment for early August which is an improvement on December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back