Type 2 on Insulin but no Libre

Status
Not open for further replies.

berryr99

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I'm a type 2 on Insulin but according to Durham and Darlington NHS don't qualify for a libre device (appears to be type 1 only) Just wondering if this is common ?

Thanks !

I'm a type 2 on Insulin but according to Durham and Darlington NHS don't qualify for a libre device (appears to be type 1 only) Just wondering if this is common ?

Thanks !
I'm sure it's common. The guidelines for people with Type 2 are a bit more limited so not everyone on insulin is expected to be offered a Libre. But some areas are dragging their feet and not following the guidelines (also for Type 1 where the requirements are simpler: everyone with Type 1 should be offered continuous monitoring).

Check the guidelines and if you think you're being rejected inappropriately, contact Partha Kar (who I'm sure has form letters for this by now).

Thank you, that is very helpful.

I'm sure it's common. The guidelines for people with Type 2 are a bit more limited so not everyone on insulin is expected to be offered a Libre. But some areas are dragging their feet and not following the guidelines (also for Type 1 where the requirements are simpler: everyone with Type 1 should be offered continuous monitoring).

Check the guidelines and if you think you're being rejected inappropriately, contact Partha Kar (who I'm sure has form letters for this by now).
Hi, I feel that when we are given our pumps that we should be given the continuous monitoring too, as they go hand in hand I feel

Hi, I feel that when we are given our pumps that we should be given the continuous monitoring too, as they go hand in hand I feel
Well that would depend on the pump you have wouldn't it?

Thanks !
Yeah same here I have to pay too

Wow. I definitely find my CGM helps me with my pump as did the Libre but ”going hand in hand”? Unless there is some form of closed loop, I feel one piece of technology is a privilege when there are so many people not getting anything.

I on insulin and don’t get a Libre.I would love help me a lot I hate doing pin pricks so don’t check my BS.

I on insulin and don’t get a Libre.I would love help me a lot I hate doing pin pricks so don’t check my BS.
Well I hope you don't drive then.
So silly not checking your blood sugar as potentially could save your sight and kidneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back