Type 2 Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoggyPhil999

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, new to this forum, but like to share my experience. I have been T2 for 10 years and thought I knew everything, until 2 months ago and thought I would try a continuous glucose monitor.
OMG, it opened my eyes as to what affect my eating habits were doing to my body. I would think nothing of eating 2 sausage rolls and a large latte from Greggs. By the time I checked my levels in the evening, my drugs had lowered my levels disguising the affects. My new monitor showed me the errors of my ways and it an eye opener. Now, 2 months later, keeping my levels within the 4-10 range, averaging 6.2 daily and still falling albeit at a slower rate now. I would recommend a CGM if anyone is thinking of it. Good luck to T2 sufferers out there.

Welcome to the forum.
In the 10 years since your diagnosis things have changed in terms of recognising how much diet has influence and the old thoughts of you must have carbs at every meal has been shown not to be too helpful and people end up on more and more medication. Obviously there are some meds where it is not advised to go too low on carbs but many people have had success by following a low carb approach.
Sadly the standard NHS Eat Well Plate does people no favours being too high in carbs for those who are Type 2 trying to manage blood glucose by diet only.
You may find this link useful for giving you some ideas for modifying your menu for your enlightened self. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/

Thank you, I will check it out. Having reduced my carb intake and eating sensibly, I have lost weight, circulation has definitely improved and just feel full of energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back