• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.
  • Take a look at our new Type 2 Diabetes Remission section on the Diabetes UK website: https://www.diabetes.org.uk/diabetes-the-basics/type-2-remission

Type 2 injections

Linda56

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all. Glad to join you here. I'm type 2 and recently been on ozempic then moved to victoza due to unavailability. Now the same has happened and my lovely diabetes professional has still not been given guidance re options. My victoza is empty in the next couple of days. Anyone else in a similar predicament? My daily sugars are between 7 and 12!

Welcome to the forum @Linda56

Sorry to hear you’ve been caught up in the recent meds shortages - unfortunately Ozempic looks likely to be in short supply until next year :(

There is some information on the shortages here

Hi @Linda56 and welcome to the forum. I'm also sorry to hear that you've been struggling to get your medication!

Ultimately we believe they'll have to provide an alternative that is in stock. And if it's due to run out within the next day or two, might be worth trying to call them for an appointment asap.

Back