Type 2 Diabetes mis information!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annette&Bert

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
On GB News a short time ago when paper reviewing, Tonia Buxton stated with great force, that Type 2 diabetes is due to your lifestyle, you bring it on yourself. I am indignant with rage. There us a great lack of information, sadly sometimes from professionals. I am now 73 and have had Type 2 since 2016, I absolutely hate this condition and how it affects me physically and emotionally.

I am if a generation that Type 2 was not called such, it was referred to as “late onset Diabetes”, there are people who are very overweight who have grown up eating what I can only refer to as junk food, I haven’t done any of these things, also some people are genetically prone to Type 2 because of family. My family didn’t have take away food, all meals were home cooked, all members of my family who had “late onset diabetes” were skinny or normal weight, all who had it were over 60. Two family members had Type 1, which is a totally different condition as you all know.

I get so angry about being told in the media, Type 2 is my fault

I don’t blame you, and none of my family have type 2. It’s so infuriating that the message never seems to get across that yes lifestyle CAN be a factor but it is by no means the only one and many people like you have done nothing to cause it. I don’t know what to say, you could write a letter of complaint but nothing will really change :(

I agree with you, in my case it is hereditary as I am 3rd generation type 2 and was diagnosed after a long period on steroids. When my mum was diagnosed she was slim (still is), having been born in the 30's wasn't used to takeaways, didn't eat much in the way of treats.

But none of these things suit the current narrative in the media, just a blame game.

Sally you are absolutely right. I am an avid letter writer when it comes to complaints, but my doing so on this occasion will not change unintelligent and illinformed people. Many years ago, I worked in the USA never in my life did I see grossly overweight people until I went there, this was in the 60s and 70s. Fast forward to the UK and I now see the same thing here for one reason, and one reason only FAST FOOD KFC BURGER KING PIZZA HUT McDONALDS these franchizes did not exist here until the late 80/90s we now have the same obese problem by people who are like lambs to the slaughter because they don’t know any better, or simply lack willpower, and I feel sad when I see these franchises across the board full of many young people. It is just so sad.

There are a lot of people in that industry who are making an absolute fortune on these premises. Oh, somebody stop me because I could go on forever.

Sorry if I have offended anyone. It is a known fact that carbs cause hunger so there’s a tendency to go back for more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back