type 2 and overweight lot to lose

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
i have a greatdeal of weight to lose and have treated myself to 2 books [see other posts] look forward to learning from you all im 5foot 12 and weight is 19 stone have lost two stone so far just by watching wot i eat how many carbs/calls should i aim for each day

Last edited:
If you’ve lost two stone and have good blood sugars with your current approach then I’d carry on with what you’re already doing and not start counting carbs or calories. Especially as you can’t change your diet as prepared by carers.

If you’ve lost two stone and have good blood sugars with your current approach then I’d carry on with what you’re already doing and not start counting carbs or calories. Especially as you can’t change your diet as prepared by carers.
have been told by house manger that if i wanna change wot i eat and carb/cal count that they will support me all the way in buying me the right things but things like bread marg/spead i think i will buy for myself and other things like marmite [lower salt] i will just have just for my use[putting my name on them] and making staff aware that they are for my use only Thank you for your reply

have been told by house manger that if i wanna change wot i eat and carb/cal count that they will support me all the way in buying me the right things but things like bread marg/spead i think i will buy for myself and other things like marmite [lower salt] i will just have just for my use[putting my name on them] and making staff aware that they are for my use only Thank you for your reply
How many carbs you need/should be having will depend on what insulin and other medications you take so it is hard for people to give you a definitive answer. But you may be able to come up with a menu plan that would suit you by looking at some ideas in the Freshwell link and adapting to what you need and what your carers are able to provide for you. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/
You may be better buying good quality food for yourself as you seem to have the funds to do that.

Your diet (from the other topic you posted.) seems to be tailored for you? With regards to weight manament & BG control. Sounds like you are on fixed dosage of insulin. From your other topics with further health investigations. It would be wrong of anyone on this forum to suggest a different diet to the one proposed by your HCPs.

Your diet (from the other topic you posted.) seems to be tailored for you? With regards to weight manament & BG control. Sounds like you are on fixed dosage of insulin. From your other topics with further health investigations. It would be wrong of anyone on this forum to suggest a different diet to the one proposed by your HCPs.
I am on a fixed insulin dose, its just been cut by another 10 units to 62. The health scare is over [see other posts]. So now i feel able to post in this secion. Am open to any suggestios/idears. Have read posts in this bit and have some idears.
Thanks

Back