Type 2 and Hypos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a sad story i seen it this morning, it is a very good point just from the number of people i have seen on here and myself included i thought type 2s did not have hypos but now i know diffirent so that guy is not in a minority in the way he thinks.

Even non-diabetics can suffer hypos - Paula Radcliffe recounts hers after long runs in her autobiography. The report doesn't say what meds she was on - some are more likely than others to cause a hypo, some very unlikely. Dreadful whatever the case. :(

A very sad story, but a good example of why type 2s need to be able to test.

Yes a good point about testing. I will print this out I think and if/when I have to go on meds and have my usual barny with the GP over testing I will show it to her :(

A bit hard to test when you are unconscious! but a lesson for all spouses to watch for the signs and don't leave your partner in bed for so long without checking they are conscious!

I only know what to look for with a hypo and how to treat it through comming here. The only time I saw the DSN she told me it was impossible for a type 2 to have a hypo.

When I did the Xpert course we talked about hypos and were told you are more likely to have one on some medications (like gliclizide0 than others, and we were told how to treat a hypo and if we were uncertain get help.

I think we need more education for everyone. If a non diabetic can hypo, it must follow that it is more possible for a diabetic being treated to hypo.

It is not a nice thing to have happened to this mans wife, but maybe it has raised awareness enough for some good to have come of it? I do hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back