Type 2 and high blood Glucose levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty1974

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice. I've been diagnosed type 2 for 10 years. Originally on 1000mg metformin and 80mg glics per day until about a month ago when my doctor changed the glics for dapas as they said the glucs weren't working as well as they should...

I've been feeling pretty bad on the dapas and testing my glucose levels for the last couple of weeks and they are very high regardless of my food intake (14-17mmol) and don't go below this level.

I'm probably asking a really stupid question but should I go back to the doctors as I don't think these levels are very good.

Thanks for any advice

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice. I've been diagnosed type 2 for 10 years. Originally on 1000mg metformin and 80mg glics per day until about a month ago when my doctor changed the glics for dapas as they said the glucs weren't working as well as they should...

I've been feeling pretty bad on the dapas and testing my glucose levels for the last couple of weeks and they are very high regardless of my food intake (14-17mmol) and don't go below this level.

I'm probably asking a really stupid question but should I go back to the doctors as I don't think these levels are very good.

Thanks for any advice
dapas?
Yes you should go back to your doctor as the new medication isn't working well either. The two meds probably work in different way. Did they add the additional one as sometimes that is what is done.
What dietary measures are you taking as that may need reviewing.

I assume 'dapas' means a flozin type of medicine?
What sort of food do you eat, as those levels are getting a bit high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back