Type 2 - 3 hypos today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tr242

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi,
I’m type 2 and havent had a hypo for ages.
I’ve just had my third hypo of today!!!! What am I doing wrong? I’m exhausted and feel really fed up :(

Hi,
I’ve just had my third hypo of today!!!! What am I doing wrong? I’m exhausted and feel really fed up :(
You may need to give a bit more information about what medication you are on and how you are monitoring your blood glucose also what did you do to treat the 1st Hypo. What blood glucose level did you see when Hypo.

Hi,
As we aren’t mind readers you’ll need to tell us what you did / ate / medication you took etc to give us a chance of guessing what you did differently today.

Hi,
I started having hypos a few weeks ago after 35 years of type 2. It turned out to be because my Ozempic was working so well after two years that I no longer needed to take Gliclazide as well. I stopped the Gliclazide and haven't had a hypo for weeks now.

Some Consultants say “hypos breed hypos”, and that once you’ve had one in a day (or week) you are more likely to have another. :(

How did you treat the hypos you had today? Did you measure the amount of fast acting carbs? Did you follow-up with longer acting carbs afterwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back