Type 1 travelling with EasyJet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordjamess

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello, I’m travelling to Amsterdam in a few days by EasyJet and it just dawned on me that I have stupidly not thought of getting GP letter confirming my diagnosis/medications in my carry-on.
As my flight is on the weekend and tomorrow is Friday, is it likely my GP/DSN could write and email me a letter in the same day? If anyone has travelled without it what difficulties did you face?
Thanks 🙂

Hello, I’m travelling to Amsterdam in a few days by EasyJet and it just dawned on me that I have stupidly not thought of getting GP letter confirming my diagnosis/medications in my carry-on.
As my flight is on the weekend and tomorrow is Friday, is it likely my GP/DSN could write and email me a letter in the same day? If anyone has travelled without it what difficulties did you face?
Thanks 🙂
Easyjet has never asked me about medical equipment or medical conditions. Security is the place they might query, but certainly in my experience at Gatwick, I've never been asked for a letter. I do have one, just in case. Carrying a copy of your prescription would hopefully be enough if you were challenged.

As my flight is on the weekend and tomorrow is Friday, is it likely my GP/DSN could write and email me a letter in the same day?
Worth contacting them, I guess. There shouldn't be any issue apart from the obvious time constraint (it'll just be a form letter that they'll need to sign).
If anyone has travelled without it what difficulties did you face?
I never have, but when I've travelled with one I've almost never been asked to actually show it. I think they're used to the kinds of things we'll be travelling with so it's not likely there'll be any issue. Take your repeat prescription form and that would probably be good enough, but they probably won't ask for anything.

In 20 years and hundreds of flights, no airline has ever asked me for a letter. Why should they? They don't know I have diabetes and don't need to know.
On the rare occasion it has been requested, it is the airport security who see the items in my luggage.
However, this has not happened for many years and many flights.
I still carry my letter - it is getting very tatty now - as insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back