Type 1 research - The influence of exercise time on sleep quality in type 1 diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiobhanLaing

Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
Hello! We currently looking for participants to get involved with our research which looks at the influence of exercise time on sleep quality in type 1 diabetes.

Are you interested in understanding exercise timing impacts your sleep quality and glucose control?

All participant will receive:
  • A free sleep report
  • A free blood glucose report
People with type 1 diabetes, suffer with sleep disruption and poor sleep quality because of behavioural and physiological aspects of diabetes such as nocturnal hypoglycaemia.

Minimal research has been carried out to address this.

This study investigates exercise at different times of day and its impact on subsequent night sleep quality, duration, and glucose control in type 1 diabetes, in order to suggest the best time of the day to exercise in relation to blood glucose control and sleep quality.

If you are interested in participating please follow the link below, which will lead you to more information and a pre-screening questionnaire.

https://napiersas.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_d4k4aDa0ORHicVo

Alternatively you can contact myself at: siobhan.laing@napier.ac.uk , please feel free to drop me any questions.

*This study has been approved by Mike @everydayupsanddowns

Attachments

• Poster.jpg
    Poster.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 24
Looking at the flyer in the attachment, I’m too old! Why the cut off at 60?

unfortunately because of the exercise prescribed we had to add a age bracket of 18 to 60.
That sounds rather ageist. There will be plenty of 80yr olds who are fitter than me at 57 and I'm probably fitter than I have been for the last 20 years.
Does this mean we have to do set exercise at set times? If so I am afraid that would be too much of a commitment for me. I don't even manage to have meals at set times. I go out and exercise as and when I find I have the time or I can motivate myself or I incorporate it into the day whilst I am out and about.
I do think there is merit in researching the study as I find exercise is beneficial to the quality of my sleep and that in turn means my BG levels are better and I need less insulin, so lots of benefits to it, but I don't want to sign up for something that needs more commitment than I can offer.

That sounds rather ageist. There will be plenty of 80yr olds who are fitter than me at 57 and I'm probably fitter than I have been for the last 20 years.
Does this mean we have to do set exercise at set times? If so I am afraid that would be too much of a commitment for me. I don't even manage to have meals at set times. I go out and exercise as and when I find I have the time or I can motivate myself or I incorporate it into the day whilst I am out and about.
I do think there is merit in researching the study as I find exercise is beneficial to the quality of my sleep and that in turn means my BG levels are better and I need less insulin, so lots of benefits to it, but I don't want to sign up for something that needs more commitment than I can offer.
Thank you for your reply.
All criteria has been approved by Edinburgh Napier university Ethics and are in place for the health and safety of our volunteers.
We appreciate that the 6 prescribed exercise sessions are not compatible with everyone’s lifestyles. Thank you for your interest in this research.

Hello! We currently looking for participants to get involved with our research which looks at the influence of exercise time on sleep quality in type 1 diabetes.

Are you interested in understanding exercise timing impacts your sleep quality and glucose control?

• A free sleep report
People with type 1 diabetes, suffer with sleep disruption and poor sleep quality because of behavioural and physiological aspects of diabetes such as nocturnal hypoglycaemia.

This study investigates exercise at different times of day and its impact on subsequent night sleep quality, duration, and glucose control in type 1 diabetes, in order to suggest the best time of the day to exercise in relation to blood glucose control and sleep quality.

If you are interested in participating please follow the link below, which will lead you to more information and a pre-screening questionnaire.

Alternatively you can contact myself at: siobhan.laing@napier.ac.uk , please feel free to drop me any questions.

We are still looking for volunteers! Please get in touch if you interested in participating and finding out more about timing of exercise and how it impacts you sleep quality and glucose control.

We are still looking for volunteers! Please get in touch if you interested in participating and finding out more about timing of exercise and how it impacts you sleep quality and glucose control.
Another active person who is ‘too old’ for your study.
A shame as it sounds interesting.

Shame only Libre data is accepted.
What about using CGM data?
Thank you for your reply. We would love to be able to include all glucose monitoring systems but unfortunately because of the data processing involved we aren't able to do so. Thank you for your interest.

• A free sleep report

You can view a short introduction video here:
Are you interested in understanding exercise timing impacts your sleep quality and glucose control? Please follow the link below to access more information.
https://napiersas.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0PzspDhzvCJ6vPM…

#diabetes #T1D #diabetesresearch #sleep

Hello! I’m Siobhan and I am a research student at Edinburgh Napier University currently investigating the influence of exercise time on sleep quality in type 1 diabetes.

People with type 1 diabetes, suffer with sleep disruption and poor sleep quality because of behavioural and physiological aspects of diabetes such as nocturnal hypoglycaemia, and minimal research has been carried out to address this.

We are currently looking for volunteers to take part in this study, and would be very grateful if you could help spread the word! All participants we receive a 3week report, giving insights into there how exercise and glucose management effects their sleep quality.

You can find more information here https://napiersas.eu.qualtrics.com/.../SV_0PzspDhzvCJ6vPM

Or contact me on siobhan.laing@napier.ac.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back