• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

jwb200

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello everyone,

I am a fellow Type 1 Diabetic and I am looking for other Type 1 Diabetics to take part in a short 10 minute survey. I have decided to focus my final year project on the differences in psychological well-being and quality of life in Type 1 diabetics depending on which monitoring system they use (e.g. Self-Monitoring Blood Glucose finger pricks, Flash Glucose Monitoring). I'm really interested to see whether one glucose monitoring system is psychologically more beneficial than another, especially with the unfortunate postcode lottery for Flash at the moment which many of us are victims of.

So, if you are a Type 1 Diabetic aged 18+ I'd be extremely grateful if you could please fill out the survey. There is further information and details by following the link too.

Thanks!
Link: https://lboro.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/the-effects-of-different-glucose-monitoring-systems-on-qua

Done. Quite enjoyed that one. Stairs? I’ve still got PTSD from the last time I had to climb a staircase:D

They're a bit alien to me now too having lived in a bungalow for so long. (Last 20 years)

Done - wasn't it refreshing to have some different Qs and which showed they'd been written by someone that knows about D from the inside. I'm thinking of eg 'the feeling that the doc doesn't properly understand' and 'can't talk to doc properly'. One thing that's annoyed me in recent times is not being able to see a DSN separately - I have no intention whatsoever of flashing my fat stomach, maybe exposing my lower underwear and - worse! - some of what it's covering up! - at my young, Indian consultant to have the sites on my tum checked, hence they never get checked now whereas my previous nurse used to check them regularly since she knew I have 'iffy' areas that don't absorb very well.

I ought to say something really ……..

Done. Shouldn't there be a 'does not apply' tick box? I can't drive any longer but had to answer that having a hypo whilst driving doesn't bother me at all. It doesn't bother me because I can no longer drive it would bother me if I could drive.

I always want to give more details on surveys like this!

Done anyway

Done it

Done but I would also have liked a n/a for some of the questions eg the driving one.

Thanks so much everyone, 25 responses in 24 hours I'm over the moon! Still need about 75+ more so if others still get the chance that would be fabulous!

Thanks for your comments about the driving question. Unfortunately the questionnaires are validated by previous researchers so I cannot add/edit items. I will bare this in mind when concluding my results though so thankyou for bringing it up! :)

Hi everyone, I'm still looking for a few more responses so if anybody gets a moment to fill it in that would be great! Thanks :)

Did Done ! the last 10 questions I just ticked the boxes because they where getting me down which I can assure you I AM NOT. Been T1 for a long time. Good luck jwb200 :)

Done. That was a good survey :)

Thanks everyone you're all stars! :) I'm going to be closing the survey this week but still in need of a few more individuals using finger prick glucose monitoring or CGM, if one of those applies to you and you get a moment to fill it in that would be wonderful! Thanks!!!

Interesting that some of the questions about mood don’t necessarily specify whether these feelings are associated with your experience of diabetes, or related to something else going on in your life.

Back