Type 1 Diabetic to stressful to live with driving me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feb42M

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am a Type 1 Diabetic since 2003, had enough of my Type 1 Diabete's....Exercising with a Mental illness is more complicated than that, some Metal health workers alway suggest physical activity to anyone and everyone with anxiety or depression as if it’s some panacea.(a solution or remedy for all difficulties or diseases.)

Last edited:
Hi there, sorry you’re struggling and not getting the answers you need. On top of that feeling rubbish makes it 10x worse. Do you have access to your blood results on the nhs app? Just wondered just how out of range your results are. I’ve had blood tests where the complete blood count has had out of range for everything then a couple of months later all back to normal!

I am a Type 1 Diabetic since 2003, i have appointment checks with a Nurse at my Surgery, she dose not check my Feet, check my Weight or Blood pressure i am on Levothyroxine and other Medications had a blood test done on 13 Febuary 2023 got results back on 17 Febuary had elavated Thyroid level, Raised Liver and Potassium levels were elvated, was asked to repeat blood test so did on 20 Febuary results back 24 Febuary and everything was normal Thyroid was tiny bit out of range, this always happens i am going round and round in circles i feel ill every day find it hard to get warm have swollen legs and other symptoms, i do not Drink any Alcohol or Smoke i think the Dr's are trying to kill me, for Years i was left untreated with a Thyroid level of 13mIU/mL i put weight on had/have low kidney function but no treatment to this day 2023 still low Kidney function had leaky Kidney but then all of a sudden GP say everything back to normal. I then speak to another GP do another blood test then all the Kidney, Liver and Thyroid are all raised again????
Did you have thyroid related antibodies checked when you were diagnosed, or since?

if your hypothyroidism is auto-immune (Hashimototo’s), then that can be quite volatile .

When You talk about your thyroid being a bit out of range, which test was that? Once diagnosed only doing a TSH tests is pretty pointless.

The harsh reality is sorting out the thyroid, properly, can take a while and a lot of determination and resilience.

I left my GP surgery for not treating me and joined another surgery my new GP straight away with a blood test said i had hypothyroidism it is auto-immune conected to my Type 1 Diabetes, Hello i had Antibodies in my Body around the start of 2021 in a blood test i done for a Locum Doctor they never gave me any more information than that, then i seen another Doctor few Months later because of my Swollen Legs, Ankles and feet been suffering for 3 Years with that may be longer, she asked had i had an Infection, i said i don't no she done another Blood test no mention of Antibodies or Thyroid just everything normal, my Thyroid test i had done was T4 and TSH and came back high for the first time on March 2007,T4 was normal TSH Thyroid level was high on 26 March 2007 first time i had a High TSH levels, i was untreated from March 2007 until November 2019 TSH levels were 4.8mlU/L, 5.3mlU/L, 8.8mlU/L, 6.3mlU/L, 4.2mlU/L, 2.4mlU/L, 6.1mlU/L, 6.2mlU/L, 4.0mlU/L, 3.8mlU/L, 6.4mlU/L, 7.4mlU/L, 11.6mlU/mL, 10.2mlU/L, 11.2mlU/L, 5.9mlU/L, 3.2mlU/L, 3.8mlU/L, it goes on and on highest level was 12.8mlU/L i have a graph showing all the Thyroid levels, thank god i got some Levothyroxine 200mg im on and Thyroid is still not normal as i said i was told it was tiny bit high every time i ask for a Number they just say high or normal i have sysptoms still feeling cold hot cold sweats depression, aniexty sleeping feel like im going crazy. My HbA1c:7.7 (61mmol/mol), its confussing trying to explain it, thank you for your message.

My last blood test no Thyroid TPO

Full blood count (FBC)
Haemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) Glandular fever screen (HA/GF/PB)
Liver Function Test (LFT) Thyroid Stimulating Hormone(TSH)
Vitamin B12 and Folate Lipid Profile(inc. Cholesterol)Blood Collected Should Be Random Urea & Electrolytes(U&E) (inc. eGFR
Not all thyroid disease is auto-immune, even in those with other AI conditions.

NICE Guidelines do not routinely support treatment for hypothyroidism where the TSH is under 10. A trial of Levothyroixine may be considered for patients with a TSH over 5, who complain of extreme symptoms. Few GPs are interested in that last part.

once an individual has been shown to have raised thyroid antibodies there is limited utility in repeatedly testing that area, as even with treatment antibodies levels can fluctuate quite a bit, but it is important to have the TSH, T4 and T3 levels in a decent place. Few NHS labs will tests T3, unless T4 is out of range, or the patient is taking Liothyronine, as a T3 replacement, and it is specifically requested on the blood form.

For some Levothyroxine just doesn't cut the mustard, but it is also important that various vitamin levels are maintained in a healthy range as the thyroid needs quite a package to support it in good working order, once it has done a bit awry.

In your case, @Feb42M , you may need something extra to get your thyroid near to a euthyroid state, whether that is bringing some vitamin levels up, additional meds or combination. Without your whole scenarios being reviewed it’s tricky to say.

Hi there, sorry you’re struggling and not getting the answers you need. On top of that feeling rubbish makes it 10x worse. Do you have access to your blood results on the nhs app? Just wondered just how out of range your results are. I’ve had blood tests where the complete blood count has had out of range for everything then a couple of months later all back to normal!
Hello yeah my TSH levels are high the highest was 12.8mlU/L my T4 was normal thats all i have had tested apart from them picking up antibodies in my body, Antibodies are proteins that protect you when an unwanted substance enters your body so something was/is wrong in my body, but they do not tell me the reason for that, i have no idea what my Thyroid is on now i ask for a number but they never answer me just same normal or tiny bit high, i will try and find out again soon and i will let you no what my Thyroid is on, no i have no access to my blood results on the nhs app do i have to ask my GP for access ? If so they will proberly say no, sorry to hear about your health as well i hope you get things sorted. x

My thyroid is always borderline. I get fed up of wondering what’s causing what symptoms. You actually have a right to have access to all your results. Yes i requested them through systems online which is the platform my doctors use. It was accepted by my doctor straight away. Then you just download the nhs app and you will see something like this photo attached and you can check up on everything you need to.

Attachments

• DF92766C-52FE-4E65-90C8-8ADE3EE423A7.jpeg
    DF92766C-52FE-4E65-90C8-8ADE3EE423A7.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 4
@Pattidevans has some experience of juggling hypothyroid alongside T1 I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back