Type 1 Diabetes & Disordered Eating research

Status
Not open for further replies.

nataliemc3

Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
Hi all,

My name is Natalie and I am a Trainee Clinical Psychologist currently conducting my doctoral thesis with the University of Hertfordshire. I am currently recruiting participants and would like to share my details here for anybody who may potentially be interested in participating. The research focusses on better understanding the experiences of people with Type 1 Diabetes and Disordered Eating, or T1DE. In particular, the research will explore the role of the physical body and the understanding of physical experiences.
Attached is the recruitment poster with more details, and the confirmation that the research study has gained ethical approval.

I am currently looking to interview people who fit the following criteria and are interested to share their experiences as part of the research:
- Aged 16 or over
- Have a diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes
- Have /or have had experience of disordered eating alongside T1D (may be a diagnosed eating disorder, or self-identified or undiagnosed problematic or disordered eating) (may or may not include diabulimia)
- Live in the UK

Interviews will last around 45 mins - 1 hour and can be stopped at any time or agreed to be shorter if preferred. They can be facilitated online, or if you are local (Hertfordshire / Bedfordshire) I can potentially source clinic rooms for face to face interviews. An optional de-brief space will be available after the interview. I will go through an information sheet and consent form with all potential participants ahead of starting the interview.

If anyone would like more information, I am happy to liaise via email, or to give people a call to explain more.
As directed on the poster, if you are interested, please give me an email on nm20abz@herts.ac.uk and I will get back to you

All the best,
Natalie

Image 12-05-2023 at 14.38.jpeg

Attachments

This has been approved.

NOTE: Research studies posted in this forum are independent of Diabetes UK. By consenting to share personal data with researchers or third parties, you are abiding by privacy policies and confidentiality agreements set out by the third party and not Diabetes UK . Diabetes UK does not endorse research projects posted in this forum and is not liable for any research content.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back