type 1 and type 2 for the 'big night in'

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,

Next week we are having fajhitas for the 'big night in'. 🙂

But for the week after, I was thinking that because type 2's find it difficult to cope with lots of carbs - should we have a joint low/no carb 'night in' - so type 2's wont be too affected and type 1s can have a 'basal testing night'!😱

I do need to test Alex's evening basals - so it would be a good opportunity to do it. I am thinking we could have a poll on what sort of no/low carbs to have.

My thoughts so far are :

Omelette (no milk)
Cheese and meat platter with salad and boiled egg
Roast chicken and salad
Bacon and egg
Prawn salad
Egg salad
Salmon and poached egg

If you think its a good idea, can you post any other menu ideas that I have'nt included (we dont often eat no carbs). Thanks.🙂Bev

Yeah im up for that one Bev love the idea of egg salad love it , cant think of anymore suggestions but if i do ill edit them in here x

I think we could do cheese and meat platter with salad and egg. 🙂

I'd choose the chicken or prawns with salad, because of the old egg allergy, but it's sounds like a great idea to me.

Yes - any of those lower-carb meals sound a much better idea for a non-insulin dependent Type 2 to be testing than the other meals tried so far.

Another idea might be one of my favourites - beef or gammon steak with salad or vegetables - and possibly a few chips even.

John

Yes - any of those lower-carb meals sound a much better idea for a non-insulin dependent Type 2 to be testing than the other meals tried so far.

Another idea might be one of my favourites - beef or gammon steak with salad or vegetables - and possibly a few chips even.

John

I like the idea of gammon - haven't had that for ages!🙂

Oooh gammon steak... yum... Would I be missing the point if I stuck a big pineapple ring on top?!!

John

Great idea on the gammon

just a quick note the meal choice so far r.e fish and chips speg bol is getting abit of a hammering, but i has served a purpose.

Oooh gammon steak... yum... Would I be missing the point if I stuck a big pineapple ring on top?!!
Egg or pinapple or even both as far as I'm concerned.

My favourite choice these days in a pub meal situation - that or beef steak.

A very good meal for me as a non-insulin dependent Type 2 just so long as I go easy on any chips.

Some of us don't eat any animals larger than a chicken. So if you all eat pig (that's gammon isn't it?!) I'll have to have chicken :D

Chicken curries (madras and korma) with side dishes: tarka daal (lentil), saag (spinach) and gobi masala (cauliflower).
Could do lamb madras.
Plenty for meat eaters and veggies alike.
Ken

It's difficult to work out how much carb there is in daal and curry I think! The ready made ones are full of carbs.

Some of us don't eat any animals larger than a chicken. So if you all eat pig (that's gammon isn't it?!) I'll have to have chicken :D

It'll be chooks where you're going, no doubt from the barbie with a cold tinnie!:D

Always make my own curries from scratch 🙂
Ken

Always make my own curries from scratch 🙂
Ken

same here. It's difficult to work out the carbs in it though so the carb counters would have to guess.

Yes northe, i'll be a chick eating chooks from the barbie 😉

Oh yes, please. Tandoori chicken or prawns*, Aloo Gobi and Saag Paniir (curd cheese with spinach), switching the spud for sweet potato in the Aloo Gobi. No rice and no Naan though.🙄

* In the good old days it would have been Chicken Korma, but all that cream is out these days. Maybe some Lentil or chickpea daal would do instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back