Type 1 and low blood pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue@cadran

Relationship to Diabetes
Carer/Partner
Are there any recommendations for treating low blood pressure whilst using insulin several times a day

How low is your blood pressure and what has your GP reccomended so far?

Are there any recommendations for treating low blood pressure whilst using insulin several times a day
You need to talk to your GP about the low BP as it could be hiding any amount of problems and nothing what so ever to do with diabetes.

You need to talk to your GP about the low BP as it could be hiding any amount of problems and nothing what so ever to do with diabetes.

I was wondering if it had been diagnosed because of the mention of insulin - ie could it be low blood sugar?

@Sue@cadran do tell us a little more.

I have low blood pressure too @Sue@cadran. After surgery last year the nurse said we can’t let you out of hospital till your blood pressure picks up, I said well you will be waiting a long time as it’s always like that! How low do you go? Do you feel rubbish all the time like me ?

I have had very low BP in the past lowest was 60/40 paramedic called me the walking dead 😱 mind you that was with a full blown Addisons crisis.
As part of my treatment I use a tablet called Fludrocortisone which keeps my BP to within a normal range

Has this come to light at checkups at your surgery @Sue@cadran or have you been monitoring your own BP at home?

Im a T! with normal to low blood pressure.( lowest at home reading 69/49) I take my blood pressure medication at night to avoid low blood pressure during the day and for the mos it works but occasionally it does still drop. I would suggest keeping fluid levels up as this can also lead to low blood volume which leads to low blood pressure.

Im a T! with normal to low blood pressure.( lowest at home reading 69/49) I take my blood pressure medication at night to avoid low blood pressure during the day and for the mos it works but occasionally it does still drop. I would suggest keeping fluid levels up as this can also lead to low blood volume which leads to low blood pressure.
Why are you taking blood pressure meds with readings in the range you have quoted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back