Type 1 almost sixty years now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasandy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi there Sany here how are you all doing .About four maybe five years ago now had an episode at my work where I had an ambulance called to assist me . These guys were great I couldn't speak to them other than blinking my eyelids long story short I was brought out of the dark ages where I'd boil my glass syringes to sterilise them etc won't bore you with the details but to my surprise over the few years of using the new refined insulins ,signing up to record my readings etc for my clinic how keep them to give to the dvla should the need arise.
I now find myself preparing to receive my first insulin pump in my life by September this year.
My question is which pump and why along with which senor combination my own choice would be the latest Medronic 780 g but which sensor as I've not had great experience with the libre 2 breaking down when least expected or telling me it needs change I'd only put it on five days ago urs Sandy.

Welcome @Jasandy 🙂 Well done on almost 60 years with Type 1!

I have a Dana RS pump which can be looped with Dexcom or with a DIY loop. I don’t loop though. I just use the pump and I love it.

What pumps are on offer from your local hospital?

Welcome @Jasandy 🙂 Well done on almost 60 years with Type 1!

I have a Dana RS pump which can be looped with Dexcom or with a DIY loop. I don’t loop though. I just use the pump and I love it.

What pumps are on offer from your local hospital?
OK Inka I believe its Omnipod , T slim and medronic as I understand the one I'm angling at would be medtronic seems to have a bit of self control along with your own input .

Wow 60 years, amazing feat so respect.

Started on pump 10 years ago after being on injections previous 30, use Omnipod system & libre 2 & really like both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back