Two minutes of exercise will beat diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A BURST of exercise for just two minutes a week can prevent diabetes.

The high-intensity workouts are as effective as current guidelines for five 30-minute sessions each week, say scientists.

And there is even more good news for people who are worried about their fitness levels.

“You don’t have to be able to go at the speed of Usain Bolt when you’re sprinting,” said Dr John Babraj, head of the research team.

“As long as you are putting your maximum effort into the sprints, it will improve your health.”

His team at Abertay University in Dundee studied how the high-*intensity training twice a week affected a group of overweight middle-aged people who are known to be at risk of developing diabetes.

Dr Babraj said: “We found that not only does high-intensity training reduce the risk of developing the disease, but the regime needs to be performed only twice a week to reap the benefits.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/healt...iabetes-Twice-weekly-workouts-is-all-it-takes

I simply don't believe it 🙄

its not April the first is it?

I wonder if losing your temper with a 2 minute outburst a day counts !😱

That's good for the blood pressure, provided it's like mine and too low most of the time. Fortunately I have my b[r]other to annoy me which he does at regular intervals so I can have a good shout. Funny how he's almost never about when he's needed though.

Is it special high intensity training? 😉:D

Interesting that this research was published in 2009:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19175906
and involved 16 young men over 2 weeks.
Dr John Babraj
My major area of research is in the development of novel paradigms to promote cardio-metabolic health and improve sports performance. This focuses on 3 different paradigms - high intensity training, whole body vibration and omega 3 supplementation.

Bad science again.

There's nothing like twice weekly intensive workouts to build up your appetite and help you muller a tube of pringles:D

And there was I trying to run as fast as Usain Bolt. So glad that science has now told me that I do not have to :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back