two hours after roast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lou, thats great - but - and not wanting to put a damper on things - most people go higher later after a roast due to the fat content. Check yourself again at the 3 hour mark and if you are rising - perhaps have a small correction, depending on what your level is. If you dont rise at all - brilliant! Did you use gravy granules and did you have roast potatoes? Both of these are a nightmare to get right!🙂Bev

Well done hun thats really really good xx

yeah to both. I think its been longer than 2 hours more 2 half but will def be keeping an eye on it xx

yeah to both. I think its been longer than 2 hours more 2 half but will def be keeping an eye on it xx

What you could do next time is to have a split injection - so you could have half the amount when you start eating and then the remainder at either the 2 or 3 hour level. But - if your levels dont change - you wont need a split injection.🙂Bev

Brilliant results. The roast sounds enjoyable too.

Thought I'd post a pic of my diner 😉
26360_393213715762_664210762_554-1.jpg

nah all got taken off before we cooked it =)

5.9 3 hours after (had dinner bout 4 - had to ask the other half -so longer than 3 hours)

I dinner with our neighbours, we had roast lamb (sorry, no pics) and a mix of roasted veg including carrots, swede, parsnip and onions. There were spuds but I didn't have those. Gravy was made with the juices from the meat and veg, a little cornflour and water.

I was 12.3 before dinner and 12.5 an hour after, I'll measure again at 9pm.

9pm up to 14
10pm, 11.6

Last edited:
Hi Louise

That is fantastic, I'm well impressed, no wonder you are happy.

We find completely different to what Bev has said and Jessica normally hypos after a roast with no spike later. I've even tried no insulin with a roast but that obviously didn't work either !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back