Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

shell123x

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
At the moment I am following DiabetesUK on twitter, I just wanted to say that I think it's a really good way to keep up to date news about Diabetes UK and I have also met some people on there who are also Diabetes sufferers.

My twitter is twitter.com/shell123x if anyone wants to follow me 🙂

i will tell my daughter as she twits - no its tweets insnt it 😱

Yeah tweets hehe! Thank you 🙂

This forum has a twitter account: @DSForumUK

I also have a personal twitter account: @ThreeSows

:D

Ok Thank you, I'll add you to my account and the forum!

Shell 🙂

You'll find lots of diabetes tweeters (mainly in the states, but still...) by searching for some common hashtags #diabetes #dblog #bgnow #bgthen #bgwed #dsma

Mike
(@everydayupsdwns)

I have to be honest I'm finding Twitter pretty frustrating when it comes to the topic of Diabetes. I can't get away from bloody Nick Jonas fans arguing over whos right about diabetes (when they're both often wrong), it's really quite creepy. Also lots of ignorant people who are forever saying "If I eat this <insert confectionary here> I'll get diabetes". And last but by no means least there are the snake oil salesmen who keep telling me where to find the natural cure for diabetes for $199 🙄

Apart from that, its great heh 😱! But yes there are also lots of great resources on Twitter that counteract the above 😉

I only signed up a couple of weeks ago but by 'eck... It's a mad house is twitter!?!

I hope I can get into it as - like you say - there's a lot of good info on there. It's just that my head melts when I'm trying to make head or tail of it. Heheh. Twits tweet as well you know?!?

I'll have another go though so any erm... Twips... More than happily received...

TAXI!!!

I find Twitter a bit of a puzzle and much prefer facebook.
I'm with you Flutterby - I joined Twitter today and I'm having a bit of difficulty comprehending what it is all about. :confused:

Phew... I thought I was the only one! :confused: 😱 😛

I havent joined twitter... Think I might pop over for a look now...

Becky told me to give it a go when we were at the DUK Conference in Darlington recently. Anyway, I've dipped my toe in the water so to speak!

It's just a quicker version of facebook really, although not many people have it (other than celebrities) but it's just a way to leave status's about how you feel or what you're up to and you can also talk to others by putting @theirusername then typing your message to them! It's quite good if you follow the right people hehe

🙂

Joined... Think I have clicked to follow you all :D... I have just called myself Cazscot (sorry no imagination 🙄)...

Mine is @martinmerrett feel free to follow 🙂

I've followed everyone who listed their name 🙂 mine's catylou... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back