TV Programmes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuludog

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Sorry for the short notice, but I've just seen that there are two TV Programmes on tonight, 9th January 2022, about food & diet, both on Channel 5

7 - 00 pm How to give Up Sugar (& Lose Weight) ".... sets out to reveal the dangers of excessive sugar consumption...."

8 - 00 pm You Are What You Eat "...... help two people in desperate need of a diet overhaul...... facing a life with diabetes"

See date correction later!

Last edited:
So, 9th January will be on Sunday. Today it's the 5th.

So, 9th January will be on Sunday. Today it's the 5th

OOPS! Sorry - it was early in the morning for some of us, and that's what comes of reading the tiny digital clock at the bottom of my computer screen without bothering to put on my reading glasses

So yes, the programmes are on tonight, Wednesday 5th January 2022

A interesting New Scientist article last week, The Indulgence Effect. which suggests the way we perceive 'healthy' food may be the secret to successful dieting.
Some experiments where they gave subjects foods labelled as healthy and some tasty found that the subjects who ate the 'healthy' foods ate more at the next meal or were more likely to snack than those who had the 'tasty' foods even though they were identical meals.
A bit more complicated than that but could explain why people perceive that if they cut the carbs they are going to feel deprived and hungry.

A interesting New Scientist article last week, The Indulgence Effect. which suggests the way we perceive 'healthy' food may be the secret to successful dieting.
Some experiments where they gave subjects foods labelled as healthy and some tasty found that the subjects who ate the 'healthy' foods ate more at the next meal or were more likely to snack than those who had the 'tasty' foods even though they were identical meals.
A bit more complicated than that but could explain why people perceive that if they cut the carbs they are going to feel deprived and hungry.
So more psychological ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back