Turmeric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I’ve been reading that turmeric can help in people with diabetes…….does anyone have a link to where good quality Curcumin with black pepper can be bought…….there are so many links and products on the internet and I don’t want to waste my money on products that are no good.

There are lots of stories about mysterious eastern spices with claims that they can do something about diabetes. All best ignored in my opinion.

I bought turmeric, heard the same things, didn't change anything for me. Nothing wrong with testing out the theory xx

We use turmeric in cooking, and i love both the flavour and the rich colour. But like Doc I wouldn’t expect it to have any impact on my diabetes. Even if in an (expensive) concentrated form.

As a general position, Diabetes UK does not recommend the use of herbal remedies and supplements as there is not enough evidence that they are safe and effective for people with diabetes to use.

People on blood thinners anticoagulants shod be very careful as turmeric can affect their action. In the worst case scenario it could cause a potentially life changing bleed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back