tummy scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingdong

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
told i was type 2 diabetic about 6 weeks ago am on metformin slow release had a phone call today off my doctors they want me to go for a stomach scan is this normal

Sometimes doctors like to rule out anything going on in the pancreas and/or perhaps look at the liver for fatty deposits Being sent for a scan is a sign that your doctor is being thorough, so a good thing in my opinion. He/she is looking at all possible causes rather than just making a (sometimes lazy) assumption, that you are a straightforward Type 2 diabetic.

Let us know how you get on.

Being as you're your age, did you happen to get scanned for a possible AAA when you were 60-65 ish? My 73yo husband was then, (can't remember now whether it was 60 or 65) but meanwhile he's got an AAA which they discovered accidentally when scanned for something entirely different earlier this year - so it's no bad thing to have and usually for that, just an ultrasound scan - not at all unlike pregnant ladies have! I've never been pregnant (and had had a hysterectomy anyway by then) but had an ultrasound of my tummy when they were being a bit ultra cautious about my liver once.

told i was type 2 diabetic about 6 weeks ago am on metformin slow release had a phone call today off my doctors they want me to go for a stomach scan is this normal
Did you have any blood test done that came up abnormal? I had scans of literally everything at diagnosis due to being very very anemic and having raised platelets. Also sometimes if you complain of tummy troubles they might want to take a look. Everything was fine for me and hopefully it will be for you too. Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back