Tubing come off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmillmum

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
So reading of 15.2 this morning 😱 what the heck has happened there!

In actual fact the tube was off the cannula, completely detached :confused: - explains the high but how has it come away? the little one hasn't messed as checked it late last night and sound asleep, and I woke her this morning so no faffing about time, nor is the tube over-stretched opaque to suggest a meddle.

Concluded must be faulty, do I let Medtronic know? Has this happened to anyone else ?

Yes I would let Medtronic know and watch out for any others you have with the same batch number - just in case. If you haven't put it in your sharps bin yet they may ask that you send it to them so they can analyse.

So reading of 15.2 this morning 😱 what the heck has happened there!

In actual fact the tube was off the cannula, completely detached :confused: - explains the high but how has it come away? the little one hasn't messed as checked it late last night and sound asleep, and I woke her this morning so no faffing about time, nor is the tube over-stretched opaque to suggest a meddle.

Concluded must be faulty, do I let Medtronic know? Has this happened to anyone else ?

Had you done a set change yesterday? If so perhaps they didn't connect properly :confused:
Glad to hear numbers are back in range though.

Had you done a set change yesterday? If so perhaps they didn't connect properly :confused:
Glad to hear numbers are back in range though.

Set changed Wednesday but not connection problem just the tubing had come out of where it is normally fused into the "button" (as we call it) the top round bit you connect to the cannula.

I have kept it with a view to sending it to Medtronic as really surprised this has happened. Will be checking this as well in future 🙄

Set changed Wednesday but not connection problem just the tubing had come out of where it is normally fused into the "button" (as we call it) the top round bit you connect to the cannula.

I have kept it with a view to sending it to Medtronic as really surprised this has happened. Will be checking this as well in future 🙄

Ah ok, sorry misunderstood. Yep ring medtronic and let them know. Also tell them how high your daughters blood sugar went.

Got to be faulty, hasn't it? I mean user error is one thing where you don't attach properly and is always poss - but the tubing itself actually becoming 'unfused' from one of its anchor points is worrying.

In actual fact the tube was off the cannula, completely detached

Nope - haven't ever come across the detachment failure, even with a few door handles giving it a go.......would call Med.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back